TOTARA HOUSE CLINIC
ALERT LEVEL 1
As we are in Alert Level 1 we ask that you:
- Do everything you can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 — we all have a part to play in keeping each other safe.
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms please stay home.
- Practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Continue tracing where you have been and who you have seen to help with contract tracing if required. Use the NZ Covid Tracer app.
To ensure your safety we will:
- Practice good hygiene practices such as physical distancing, handwashing, and regularly cleaning surfaces and equipment in between patients.
- Maintain contact tracing registers.
- Provide hand sanitiser and masks if required.
Our usual hours of business are 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Outside these hours is by appointment only.
Ear Nose and Throat Specialists/Surgeons
Totara House Clinic is a group of otolaryngologists who have extensive training and experience with a wide range of conditions related to the ear, nose, throat, head and neck.
Totara House Clinic was established in 1991 by Mr. Hans Stegehuis. Mr. Dilhan Cabraal joined the practice in 1996 (now retired), Mr. Kumar Thangaraj in July 2020 and Mr. Naveed Basheeth joined us in August 2020.
We would like to introduce Calvin Chan, a Neurologist who has returned to Palmerston North following a fellowship with the prestigious Headache Group at King's College London. He is experienced in managing the spectrum of headache disorders and will be offering appointments to review patients with headache at Totara House. He is an experienced injector of greater occipital nerve blocks and Botox for preventive treatment. Furthermore he is uniquely experienced with the new CGRP pathway monoclonal antibodies which have recently become available in New Zealand.
We perform private surgeries at Crest Hospital in Palmerston North and are also an Affiliated Provider with Southern Cross Health Society for selected services.